Music is the most delicious spice of life. Music makes us happier, better, and more productive, and when it comes to the audio environment, Headphones give us full control.
You will need a pair of studio headphones, whether you are a professional sound engineer, a home recording studio owner, or a musician.
These headphones can either be used for recording, mixing, mastering or tracking. This post will review the best headphones studio headphones in the market.
Buying Guide For Studio Headphones
Before picking the best studio headphones under 100, you should see the various features and compare it with other headphones.
The major factor before choosing the best studio headphone is the ear-cup design, which is the most important piece on any studio headphone.
ii- Frequency Response
The headphones’ ability to generate clarity in the sound quality depends on the range of the operating frequency. Most of the headphones’ frequency response range is 20-20,000 Hz; some headphones offer 4 Hz low-end range, and some high-quality headphones offer 2800 Hz high end.
iii- Sound Quality
Headphones with fantastic speakers can provide a high quality of sound and allows much greater immersion as it cancels out the outside noise and any similar distractions. Headphones with a high base and impedance of 60 ohms provide high-quality sound and are considered good headphones.
iv- Headband Material
The headbands which are reinforced by the metal band are good for headphones. Some headphones provide head size adjustable, which makes the headphone very much comfortable.
v- Build Quality/ Durability
The build quality of any studio headphones describes the sturdiness of the headphone’s design. The build quality and durability of any headphone are affected by the material used and how well the components are assembled. The headphones with a metal frame in the headband or heavy-duty plastic materials are powerful and feel sturdier and less prone to breaking. The quality of earbuds depends on the thickness of the cable and the shape of the tips.
vi- Headphone Testing
First, you have to click on the volume icon, then choose playback device, then enable a sound dialogue box and choose playback sound after confirming setup speaker dialogue box, then press the test button after testing close the dialogue box.
5 Best Studio Headphones Reviewed
1- Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
The Audio-Technica ATH-M40x delivers a reliable bass, mid and treble response of neutral listing. They don’t have much sound stage because of their closed-back design, but their well-balanced sound will still fulfill many of the listeners.
Buyers who want to buy headphones for professional studio tracking and mixing and DJ monitoring can look at the Amazon features of ATH-M40x.
- Connection: It is a wired headphone which includes two detachable cables. The 1.2m-3m coiled cable enables you to move around as much as you like, and the 3.0 straight cable connects the complementary system device by using direct writing.
- Foam Factor: Over-ear headphones are always obliging professionals to cease all the sounds from surrounding and focus on the music. It is much more comfortable concerning any other headphones in this range of price.
- Driver: The headphone has 40mm drivers with rare earth magnets and with copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils.
- Sound Quality: Considering the price, the sound quality is superb and very much impressive. A strong and powerful sound that is accurate and nearly neutral, the 40mm driver in the ATH-M40x makes the headphone very magnificent.
- Impedance /Battery power: The Audio-Technica ATH-M40x has an impedance of 350hms, and one lithium-ion battery is required. It provides sufficient power backup for feasible work needs.
- For monitoring of DJ and professional studio tracking and mixing.
- 90-degree swiveling ear-cups for easy, one-ear monitoring, which makes it more comfortable to use.
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material deliver more comfort and durability.
- Collapsible for space-saving probability.
- Microphone Technology is unavailable due to the price factor.
If you want to buy the best headphones mainly for professional Studio at the best price, Audio-Technica ATH-M40x professional studio monitor headphones are the best.
2- Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphones
Great isolation for recording. For mixing, the HD280PRO is by no means a stand-alone replacement for good studio monitors. The EQ curve is pretty flat on these; it has good bass all the way down to the sub-bass frequency.
Sennheiser is a quality headphone with a stylish finish with great audio performance. These headphones take huge attention from the buyers.
- Connection: It is the most significant closed, around the ear, and wired headphones with 3.5mm stereo jack plug adapter, screw-type supplied. These headphones are designed to exceed the demands of the professional environment.
- Form Factor: HD280 Headphones are much lighter and comfortable than any other Headphones in this price range. It has an ergonomic design with a code length of 3.3 9.8 feet coiled.
- Driver: These headphones have neodymium as the driver unit. This provides a better bass response and higher quality sound.
- Sound Quality: Dynamic, closed-ear headphones with up to 32 Db attenuation of outside sound have extended frequency response and warm, making natural sound reproduction. The sound pressure level of this headphones are102 Db
- These headphones have high ambient noise attenuation, due to which the sound quality becomes excellent.
- It has very soft ear pads, lightweight, and around-ear structure, making it more comfortable.
- It has folding and rotating ear cups for space-saving transport.
- It is very much durable, compact while comparing it with any other headphones at this price range.
- The design of this headphone is not much attractive and uncomfortable for rough uses.
If you want to buy a good sound quality headphone, then HD280 PRO is the best headphone under this price range.
3- Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm
Excellent sound in the studio or couch environment, more comfortable than any other headphones on this price range, wear them and forget that I have headphones on. Crystal clear sound quality.
Sony MDR7506 has many more amazing features than any other headphones; buyers can buy these headphones for its excellent sound quality and comfort.
- Connection: The closed-ear design MDR-7506 is a wired headphone where each side is labeled with L or R. The 3.5 mm connector is the only way to connect the headphone to any other appliances.
- Form Factor: The MDR-7506 has a closed-ear design, which gives both comfort and outstanding lowering of external noises. By the generous headband, padding Comfort can be inflated. A 9.8-foot coiled cord can provide more than enough slack for working in the studio without removing the phones.
- Driver: These headphones have 40.0 mm drivers with neodymium magnet type, which provides better bass to the headphones.
- Sound Quality: A neodymium magnet can provide an excellent power-handling, and 40mm drivers can provide high-quality sound with a wide frequency response of 10Hz to 20 kHz. Enjoy very high-quality sound, present midst, and an extended low end for accurate monitoring.
- Impedance /Battery power: Sony MDR7506 professional stereo Headphones have an impedance of 63 ohms and have a power handling capacity of 1000mW. It provides sufficient power backup for feasible work’s needs.
- For powerful, detailed sound, neodymium magnets, and 40 mm drivers.
- Closed ear design provides comfort and an outstanding reduction of external noises.
- These headphones have clear and focused dynamics.
- It is affordable due to its price range and has a long cord.
- The pads make your ears warm with extended use and apply pressure on ears if too tight.
This headphone is too good for its sound quality and comfort; you can buy this for its exciting price.
4- Samson's SR850 Semi-Open-Back Studio Headphones
Samson’s SR850 Semi-Open-Back Studio Headphones gives awesome sound output and solid bass response. It comes with an over-ear design with ultra-clear sound.
This headphone gives a semi-open design. Buyers can buy these headphones for their excellent sound quality and solid bass.
- Connection: The semi-ear design of SR850 is a wired headphone where each side is labeled with L or R. Gold-plated 1/8″ (3.5mm) with 1/4″ (6.3mm) adapter is the only way to connect the headphone to any other appliances.
- Foam Factor: The SR850 semi-open comes with a circular design that reduces ear fatigue, listening to music for a long time. It provides soft velour ear cushions that are very comfortable to wear and fits very well over the ear. It also has a self-adjusting system that gives the best fit for your ear.
- Driver: These headphones have 50.0 mm drivers with neodymium magnet type, which provides better bass to the headphones.
- Sound Quality: The Samson SR850 gives a great sound output. It also gives heavy bass at this price range. Mids. are generous. That is the only weak point in this headphone. It has a high frequency that results in good and sweet sound.
- Impedance: The Samson SR850 Headphones have an impedance of 32 ohms. It provides sufficient power backup for feasible work’s needs.
- The price of the Samson SR850 is very low.
- Comes with heavy bass
- Provide soft velour cushion which is very comfortable
- Wide soundstage
- Treble response is the weak point.
This headphone is excellent at this price. You will get a good sound quality with heavy bass.
5- Shure SRH440 Professional Studio headphone
The headphones are comfortable on the head and ears. The sound quality is good, and the noise cancellation is good, but they keep breaking under reasonable usage circumstances.
The pair of headphones from Shure provides exceptional sound reproduction and comfort. Hopeful from the home and studio recordings, these pairs of headphones reproduce accurate audio across an extended range.
- Connection: The Shure SRH44O professional studio headphones from Shure have 9.8-foot (3 meters) coiled detachable cables that provide plenty of lengths and are easy to store and replace.
- Form factor: The Shure SRH440 professional studio comes with an adjustable headband and collapsible construction, which provides very much comfort and portability and increases durability. It is an over-ear headphone and much more comfortable than any other headphones in this range.
- Driver: This headphone comes with 40.0 mm drivers with neodymium magnet type, which provides better bass to the headphones and is optimized for accurate listening.
- Sound Quality: These headphones deliver accurate audio across an extended range due to its enhanced frequency response. It is also designed for superior isolations in noisy environments.
- Impedance/Battery: With most pro and consumer audio devices, impedance and power handling are optimized for performance.
- Ear Cup pads can be replaceable, which ensures a long product life.
- A detachable coil of 3m provides plenty of lengths.
- The headband is adjustable, and collapsible constructions provide more comfort.
- The cables can be locked in a bayonet clip into the ear cup.
- The ear cups are not much comfortable as compared to other headphones in these price ranges.
These headphones are excellent due to its sound quality, useful for studio recordings.
Like many things in life, when choosing the best headphone, you receive what you pay for. Some specs are beneficial while buying headphones like frequency, build quality, sound quality, etc. There are no other substitutes for listening to music critically and carefully. Considering your plan to use your headphones, you should choose it to receive the full utility.